Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup CiscoWorks

RICARDO SANCHEZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does anybody knows how I can do a backup of the CIscworks and licencing and when is located that?

CWLMS-3.2-5K-K9

This is because I do that, and the System backup status is  Success and last backup location D:/, but there is not a file that I can see in that location.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ricardo,

LMS backup usually creates a backup folder. Example if your destination is D:/, first backup will create a directory named 0 under it : D:\0\.

All the other DB information will be under that directory. With each new job, the directory will have an incrementing number, i.e., 1,2,...,n.

In case you dont see these directories, you can try to take a manual backup using CLI and see if the backup is successful. Syntax for backup via CLI is :

NMSROOT/bin/perl  NMSROOT/bin/backup.pl -dest=BackupDirectory -system [-log=LogFile] [-gen=Num_Generations]

For more details see document.

LMS license is under NMSROOT/etc/licenses/ from where you can take a manual backup, i.e., copy it to some secure location which can be used while rebuilding server in case of any server crash.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ricardo,

LMS backup usually creates a backup folder. Example if your destination is D:/, first backup will create a directory named 0 under it : D:\0\.

All the other DB information will be under that directory. With each new job, the directory will have an incrementing number, i.e., 1,2,...,n.

In case you dont see these directories, you can try to take a manual backup using CLI and see if the backup is successful. Syntax for backup via CLI is :

NMSROOT/bin/perl  NMSROOT/bin/backup.pl -dest=BackupDirectory -system [-log=LogFile] [-gen=Num_Generations]

For more details see document.

LMS license is under NMSROOT/etc/licenses/ from where you can take a manual backup, i.e., copy it to some secure location which can be used while rebuilding server in case of any server crash.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **