Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Full Cisco Works

cesarsoares
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to create a full backup to my server and my application Cisco Works.

Because tomorrow i will update from the version LMS 2.5.1 to LMS 2.6.

How can i create the backup?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Run NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/backup.pl. This will create a full backup of most of the LMS 2.5.1 applications. Since you are just upgrading from 2.5.1 to 2.6, you do not need to worry about backing up IPM as the 2.6 update will not touch IPM.

Also, note that even though 2.6 is a new minor version, it is more like an LMS 2.5.2 update. It will not be nearly as complex as 2.2 -> 2.5.

please mention the process to restore as well...

Also, would there be any change required in the process, if we move to a major upgrade like LMS3.0? Anything to do with IPM in that?

The restore procedure involves running NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl then specifying the path to the backup location. You should definitely review the online help for the backup and restore procedure before you begin so you are familiar with all the ins and outs.

The backup for LMS 2.6 is the same as with 2.5.1. To backup IPM, you use the command "ipm dbbackup". This path to this command varies. On Solaris, it is found under /opt/CSCOipm/bin by default. On Windows, you can run it from within the IPM DOS shell.