cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

backup job

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 2 mirrored drive for LMS 2.6 on Solaris.my backup destination is the same drive lms installed.logically wrong but that the way setup.my backup job failed because here the log message"Available Space is 4508592Kb and required space for backup is 11250787Kb" we are planning on

upgrade I don't want any change on the current server. How I could override this restriction and able to backup for the next 2-3 weeks until the new LMS build?

the backup only need 500k for1 generations. my drive at least have 5GB free space. is there any work around for temp backup solution?

thank you in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To upgrade to LMS 3.0 (3.1 has not been released yet), you will need to take a full backup using the wrapper.pl script. This script is included with the LMS 3.0 DVD, and is documented in the LMS 3.0 upgrade guide. This backup will include the regular LMS data in addition to IPM. Therefore, it will be a much bigger backup than normal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

According to this, the backup will take 10.7 GB. I don't know why you think it will only use 500 KB for one generation.

The backup covers all databases, config files, software images, job data, and various other application properties files. On a production system, this can be quite large.

Thanks J. when browse the old backup file showing the file size 500k. that's confused me.

my question here. do I need the backup for upgrade for LMS 3.1 what kind of data I need for

smooth transfer on new server.

To upgrade to LMS 3.0 (3.1 has not been released yet), you will need to take a full backup using the wrapper.pl script. This script is included with the LMS 3.0 DVD, and is documented in the LMS 3.0 upgrade guide. This backup will include the regular LMS data in addition to IPM. Therefore, it will be a much bigger backup than normal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: