Views
Helpful
Replies

backup of device config

tripnetmd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are currently running Cisco prime 4.1 and want to make sure there is a backup of the configurations from our switches and routers. The VLANconfig is not collected according to the devicestatus dashboard. i am aware there were a known issue with LMS running on a virtual server and vlan not being able to be collected, is this issue resolved? i have tried the various workarounds with TAC support and it hasnt worked.

We have the running and startup config collected for our devices when looking at the device status dashboard. does this mean if a switch crashes we can restore the config to a new switch immediately?

i saw there is a version 4.2. maybe this version resolves the issue with LMS on a virutal server? i cannot find the download to upgrade to 4.2 in the support section though.

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can download LMS 4.2 from the following link for win, sol or linux :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=284259296&flowid=31102&softwareid=280775102

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: