Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup/restore questions LMS 4.2

savic.marija
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several questions regarding data migration from LMS 3.2.1 to LMS 4.2.We will perform backup and restore procedure on new LMS4.2 server machine .

1. I am wondering what will happen with admin password aftrer restore, and all the other passwords in LMS. What will be effective? What will happen with database passwords?

2. Other thing is : LMS 3.2.1 is installed on D:\ProgramFiles\CSCOpx and the new LMS 4.2.1 is installed in D:\CSCOpx 

Will there be problems during restore, because the paths on old and new LMS server are not the same?

3. When to perform the licensing?  Should I apply license before restore? I think I would have to apply it before beacause customer has 300 devices and eval license iz for 100 only.

4. Does PI_CM license - Compliance  Management License comes with the product? How do we get this license? I am aware that this CAAM is new feature in 4.2 version so I am not sure does the customer have rights on it. They have bought upgrade from 3.2 to 4.1 and they have valid support contract so we will go to 4.2 version.

Thanks!

Marija

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Following are the answers :

1. LMS's user info and passwords are stored in cwpass file under NMSROOT\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet, which is also

backed up with DB backup. Hence restore would bring all previous user names and passwords.

2. Ciscoworks has a mechanism which doesn't bothers the install directory. It sets environment variable as NMSROOT which is replaced by

the install directory and hence there should not be any issue. Please note that Inter-OS resotre are not supported.

3. You can apply the license anytime, but it is good to install it before backup restore, else the excess of devices, more than 100

will go to unmanaged state and will have to be brought back to managed state once lic is applied.

4. CAAM lic has to be purchased separately. You can contact lic. team or your accounts team for this.Till that time you can use it with its 60 days eval lic.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Following are the answers :

1. LMS's user info and passwords are stored in cwpass file under NMSROOT\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet, which is also

backed up with DB backup. Hence restore would bring all previous user names and passwords.

2. Ciscoworks has a mechanism which doesn't bothers the install directory. It sets environment variable as NMSROOT which is replaced by

the install directory and hence there should not be any issue. Please note that Inter-OS resotre are not supported.

3. You can apply the license anytime, but it is good to install it before backup restore, else the excess of devices, more than 100

will go to unmanaged state and will have to be brought back to managed state once lic is applied.

4. CAAM lic has to be purchased separately. You can contact lic. team or your accounts team for this.Till that time you can use it with its 60 days eval lic.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello Vinod,

Thanks for the answer - it is very usefull for me!

Marija

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: