Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Limitation on Cisco Serial & Giga-Bitethernet

netbeginner
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Netpro,

We are stucked up with configuration of Quality Of service/Service Policy on Cisco Router Serial Port & Gigabit port of ROuter (Both in case of INternet Bandwidth).

And on Giga Ports of Cisco L3 Switches.

We have tryed almost all Service Policies / Policy Map on both the devices but unfortunetly no-one is working properly.

If anyone know the exactly working configs with Input/output rate then kindly let me know with working example.

Note:- This is for Internet data Bandwidth only(Input/Ouput both).

$Sam

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

What are the devices in question ? In case of cat6k, what modules ? Also what version of IOS ?

What type of QoS do you want to configure ?

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi $Sam,

An additional question:

How do you want the traffic to behave inbound and outbound?

i.e.

Tell something about what types of traffic are flowing, what are the bandwith, packet drop, latency requirements of each.

If there is a need to shape or police bandwidth usage of each.

Cheers:

Istvan

Hii Istvan/Lavramov,

As mentioned in my previous Post i am looking for a QoS/Service POlicy for Internet Bandwidth.

Lets say:- A customer of 3 Mbps is terminated on Cisco 760 series router Gigabit-ethernet port (which is obviously have traffic carrying capacity of 1000Mbps). I only want to limit the Internet bandwidth of that customer on respective Gigabit port (as like we do for Rate-Limit on serial interfaces).

Apart from these Cisco 760 series Router Serial Ports which are not suporting Rate-Limit , hence we are planning to configure the QoS/Service policy for that too.

Same is desired for L3 Cisco Switch Giga-Bit ports too.

Hope now clear my requirement.

$Sam.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco