Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth utilization

Hi, I have 36xx cisco equipments and running VOIP traffic.

I would like to query the cisocs for Bandwidth utilization. In some the devices I have more than on internet interface.

Is there a MIB (OID) that I can query the cisco using snmp and receive the result directly for any interface that I want???

I tried some mibs with no success so far.

5 REPLIES
Red

Re: Bandwidth utilization

Thanks, I saw this link before...but I'm interested to query the bandwidth utilization for a specific interface...how do I do that?

Red

You need to find the ifIndex of that specific interface, and add it to the end of ifInOctets, IfOutOctets, etc.

Your suggestion is working...

I would like to give the user the option to choose which interface he wants to query and based on his input I will query for the bandwidth...so my next question is: Is there any mib that will assist me to find all the internet interfaces, and out of the result I will search for the index of the interface chosen by the user???

I would advise looking at installing something like Cacti ( www.cacti.net ) which can poll specific interfaces and views can be configured on a customer basis..this is more of long term trending solution though :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content