cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Baseline Templates and multiple Prerequisites

zztopping
Level 4
Level 4

I have a Baseline template that works well with 95% of our switches. Basically, it checks for lots of global commands, and has two seperate parent/child relationships for access ports and trunk ports.

The parent of each is a prerequisite for the child. The parent/prereequisite sets the submode and checks to see if its configured as access or trunk (switchport mode access/switchport mode trunk) since they are mutually exclusive.

The children then will be checked only if their parent passes and will ensure all the normal trunk/access STIG commands are applied.

This works everywhere except the few devices with no ports configured as trunks. If a switch has no trunk ports, the template is flagged as not containing all the prerequisites and the entire template check is skipped(including the global checks).

Is there any logic I can apply to circumvent this? Or do I have to peel the trunk port checks into a separate template?

I am running LMS3.1

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you're seeing:

CM0152 Prerequisite Commands does not exist in device archive.

From the devices without trunks. If so, this is bug CSCsz36795. The only workaround is to split each prereq and associated commandlet into its own template. A patch is available for RME 4.2 from the TAC.

thanks for the quick, accurate reply.

I seem to hit a lot of bugs :-(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: