cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BBSM with RADIUS

oj88
Level 1
Level 1

We've recently deployed a BBSM solution for a school campus. We've got most of the settings figured out and it's currently authenticating users using a separate RADIUS server running IAS. The said server (Win2k3) is just a member of a workgroup as they currently do not have a domain or AD running. All authenticated users are stored on this server locally.

Here's my dilemma. The end user wants the BBSM or the IAS to generate a web usage report that is at the departmental level. Both the BBSM and IAS can only provide usage reports at the user level.

What additional software do I need for me to group users according to their respective departments and be able to generate a report for each department?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

I think BBSM also supports sending Interim-Update accounting request packets. If configured, Interim-Update packets will be sent to the RADIUS accounting server at specified intervals.

For more information on BBSM with RADIUS please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps533/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800a47a2.html#1006733

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: