Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Best practices to maintain Network Gear in datacenter

Hello Folks,

I recently joined in company to handle Network Datacenter and the requirement of my boss and architect assigned me the taks to maintain the best pactices for the network gear. Which mean I need to recommend the configs as per the best practices right from layer 2 to layer3 including firewalls, loadbalancers. Following are the devices. I am looking for some assistance to provide me the config template that may help me in fulfil their requirement.

1) Servers in datacenter connected to Access switches (4948-10G single switch) with no HA,single point of failure.

2) one link of access switch goes to core1 (6509 with SUP-720) and another link goes to Core 2 (6509 with SUP-720).

3) Core switches are holding all the VLAN SVI and only static routes and default route is point to Firewall (FWSM)

4) loadbalancers (arraynetworks) (LB-A and LB-B are running in active active mode) and (LB-C and LB-D) are running in Active/Active mode whic are connected back to Cisco Core switches.

5) CIsco core switches uplink goes to Gw (2960 layer 2 switch). Core 1 goes to Gw1 and core 2 goes to Gw2.

6) Moreover there is no monitoring setup for nwtwork gear, also need some help in configuring them. Right now client is using monitoring tools (cacti, Nagios and Splunk). I have to utilize these tools as there is some budget issue and cannot afford new tools for network gear.

Please provide me some best practices config template to verify with my current config or please if anybody need my present configs I will submit them in response to your reply.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content