Best practices to maintain Network Gear in datacenter
I recently joined in company to handle Network Datacenter and the requirement of my boss and architect assigned me the taks to maintain the best pactices for the network gear. Which mean I need to recommend the configs as per the best practices right from layer 2 to layer3 including firewalls, loadbalancers. Following are the devices. I am looking for some assistance to provide me the config template that may help me in fulfil their requirement.
1) Servers in datacenter connected to Access switches (4948-10G single switch) with no HA,single point of failure.
2) one link of access switch goes to core1 (6509 with SUP-720) and another link goes to Core 2 (6509 with SUP-720).
3) Core switches are holding all the VLAN SVI and only static routes and default route is point to Firewall (FWSM)
4) loadbalancers (arraynetworks) (LB-A and LB-B are running in active active mode) and (LB-C and LB-D) are running in Active/Active mode whic are connected back to Cisco Core switches.
5) CIsco core switches uplink goes to Gw (2960 layer 2 switch). Core 1 goes to Gw1 and core 2 goes to Gw2.
6) Moreover there is no monitoring setup for nwtwork gear, also need some help in configuring them. Right now client is using monitoring tools (cacti, Nagios and Splunk). I have to utilize these tools as there is some budget issue and cannot afford new tools for network gear.
Please provide me some best practices config template to verify with my current config or please if anybody need my present configs I will submit them in response to your reply.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...