Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP peer admin status by SNMP

cma_network_opu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm sorry if this topic was discussed on the forum, but the search didn't show suitable results.

I was trying to set BGP peer admin status (OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.3) which has to be "read-writable" (as all documents say) on 7200 router (with IOS c7200-is-mz.123-6f.bin). But when I try to change this value, router says something like "not writable value".

Is it an error in IOS or it has to be so.

I tried to use SNMP v2 and v3 - doesn't matter.

This OID is not writable on the 5300 router too.

Can anyone say how can I change this value, because copying a part of config from tftp is not a good solution for us.

Thanks for every advice.

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like this is the expected result. It was modified so that this object was not writeable for security reasons.

A bug has been file on this, but may not be fixed as it does not look like this object will actually become writeable

CSCdk51280

I didn't understand, It's a bug in IOS, or it has to be so for security reasons?

If it is a bug, it has to be solved.

Can you please give definite answer?

Hello All,

Can someone provide me the "SNMP Configuration" requried for several ways of monitoring the BGP.

Thanks in Advance for HELP

Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: