Views
Helpful
Replies

Block a website...

parijatkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have CISCO 3925 router in our organization.

We need to block the access of certain websites such as facebook,orkut,youtube etc...

Pls suggest how to do it using CLI or cisco configuration professional.

Thanks in advance...

5 Replies 5

parijatkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Please any help....

If you have the Security license, you can setup the IOS Zone Based Firewall using CCP.

The default policy is to allow any from private zone to public. Just use the wizard to change that. Details are in the CCP user guides - look for the section on URL Filtering.

Thanks for your reply...

But we dont have the license...

How could we do it then...

Thanks once again...

Sorry but if you don't have a firewall there's no way you can easily enforce this using just a 3925 router.

If you control the user's desktops, you could possibly do a hack using your DNS server - e.g. redirect the DNS lookups for those sites to an Acceptable Use Policy page. If users can change their DNS though that wouldn't help too much.

If the enforcement of your pollicy is important to your organization, investment in the tools (license or product) to do so must be made.

kevinbaconten
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, @marvin I am new here in cisco and I know very little about networking and DNS things. Can you please tell me the steps to redirect the DNS lookups for some particular sites like https://bestgamesapk.com/. Your help really appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: