Views
Helpful
Replies

BRIDGE-MIB and Catalyst 4506

barry.ard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working with a Catalyst 4506, IOS 12.2(25)SG, and it seems that the BRIDGE-MIB isn't working. Any pointers on how I might be able to get the CAM info from this switch using SNMP.

Thanks,

Barry.

4 Replies 4

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

What OID's did you try?

Do any other mibs work right?

Try this link for info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a9b.shtml

Cheers,

Michel

I am trying to do basically what is outlined in the cisco document "How to Get Dynamic CAM Entries (CAM Table) for Catalyst Switches using SNMP" (Document ID: 13492) but walking dot1dTpFDbStatus returns "No Such Instance currently exists at this OID". I am successfully doing a bunch of other SNMP related "things".

a walk of BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBridge returns:

snmpwalk -v1 -cpublic BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBridge

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBaseBridgeAddress.0 = Hex-STRING: 00 15 62 A4 94 40

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBaseNumPorts.0 = INTEGER: 0

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBaseType.0 = INTEGER: transparent-only(2)

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpLearnedEntryDiscards.0 = Counter32: 0

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpAgingTime.0 = INTEGER: 300

Make sure you have it case sensitive (dot1dTpFdbStatus) rather than it is above.

Also, if you use community string indexing and a value other than the default (vlan1) do you get any results?

My bad,

It is working correctly. When I specify the community string indexing properly it works. I was expecting results from the default vlan and when I got none I assumed the mib wasn't working correctly. Once again, thanks everyone for your guidance and patience.

Barry.