Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BRIDGE-MIB and Catalyst 4506

Hi,

I am working with a Catalyst 4506, IOS 12.2(25)SG, and it seems that the BRIDGE-MIB isn't working. Any pointers on how I might be able to get the CAM info from this switch using SNMP.

Thanks,

Barry.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: BRIDGE-MIB and Catalyst 4506

What OID's did you try?

Do any other mibs work right?

Try this link for info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094a9b.shtml

Cheers,

Michel

I am trying to do basically what is outlined in the cisco document "How to Get Dynamic CAM Entries (CAM Table) for Catalyst Switches using SNMP" (Document ID: 13492) but walking dot1dTpFDbStatus returns "No Such Instance currently exists at this OID". I am successfully doing a bunch of other SNMP related "things".

a walk of BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBridge returns:

snmpwalk -v1 -cpublic BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBridge

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBaseBridgeAddress.0 = Hex-STRING: 00 15 62 A4 94 40

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBaseNumPorts.0 = INTEGER: 0

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dBaseType.0 = INTEGER: transparent-only(2)

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpLearnedEntryDiscards.0 = Counter32: 0

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpAgingTime.0 = INTEGER: 300

Cisco Employee

Make sure you have it case sensitive (dot1dTpFdbStatus) rather than it is above.

Also, if you use community string indexing and a value other than the default (vlan1) do you get any results?

My bad,

It is working correctly. When I specify the community string indexing properly it works. I was expecting results from the default vlan and when I got none I assumed the mib wasn't working correctly. Once again, thanks everyone for your guidance and patience.

Barry.

Views
Helpful
Replies