Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug Summary Report

p950mte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Does anybody use Bug Summary report and is happy with it? When i try to run it it gives back value zero. I?m running LMS 2.5. I will be happy for suggestions.

//Mats

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have had some problems with the bug summary report. It has a tendancy to be too narrow in its focus. You can try going back further date-wise, but you still may not see any bugs depending on the platform.

What we are doing in LMS 2.6 to address this is adding a link to the Bug Toolkit report generator page that allows one to launch the Cisco.com Bug Toolkit (this will be in addition to running a report via RME). The Cisco.com Bug Toolkit uses a much more reliable database. The link we will use is:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/selection.pl?mdf_label=Cisco+IOS+Releases&Submit3=Next&cco_product=IOS

Ok!, so there is a solution to this problem in 2.6. But will you be able, in an easy way, to search for/ compare bugs to what you?ve got installed as it was mentioned to be i guess at first.

Unforuntately, the details about the device models and running code will not be passed to the Cisco.com Bug Toolkit URL, so you will have to enter those manually. So it will not be as easy to search based on your current inventory.