cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk update of CLI Credentials in Prime 2.1

climbingmike
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of devices in Prime 2.1 which use a managment TACACS account plus SNMP to talk with Prime. The managment TACACS account password has now been changed and thus Prime is not able to use this account to manage the devices. This there a way to update all of my devices in Prime with the new password at once?

Many thanks MIke 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike,

unfortunately it is not possible , as of now we have to do it Maunally one by one , I know it's a pain :(

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike ,

Bulk update is unfortulately not possible  ,there is an enhancement BUG for the same::

CSCuh80466    Bulk telnet/ssh credential update for wired devices not there in PI 2.0

You can try to do this via Template .

Design >Feature design >cli template > system template

select TACACS server template , edit it as per your need and click " save as new Template" and then you will find that save template under "My template" . try deploying it

Thanks-

Afroz

**Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello Afroz

Thank you for your replay. The devices are fine I can access them with the new password, so I dont need to deploy any new settings to them. I need to tell Prime that the password for all my devices has changed. I thought I could select them all in "Device Work Center" and click Edit, but this is not posbile. The only way I can see to do this is edit each device individually. There has to be a better way. Well I hope.

Many thanks

MIke

Hi Mike,

unfortunately it is not possible , as of now we have to do it Maunally one by one , I know it's a pain :(

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

doug.moffat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Could you not export the devices from workcenter, change the exported text file, and reimport the file?

What impact would this have on Cisco Prime?  Would (for example) historical data be lost for the devices?

Doug Moffat

Senior Network Operations Engineer

Hi Doug,

History of the information is not lost until you delete the devices from Prime Infrastructure ..

Yes Export and Import should be fine ..

**One suggestion ,use Editor tool like Notepad++  to edit the credentials in the file.. Excel sometimes create issue while you edit the credentials..

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco