cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3560G - SNMP MIB Support for QOS Port Trust

John Cavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I've been digging through Cisco's SNMP Object Navigator without any luck, so I'm turning to the masses to see if someone has an answer.

I'd like to know if there is a supported MIB on the C3560G platform (for any IOS version) that will report the QOS port trust state on a given switchport. Although not necessary for my current needs, it would be nice if there was a way to report the other fields produced by the "show mls qos interface" IOS command.

Thanks!

-- John

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are some MIBs which will be of your interest :

CISCO-PORT-QOS-MIB

This MIB module is for the management of Cisco's per port rate-limiting and traffic shaping on L3 switch/Router Platform(s).

CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB (For show mls qos int):

is MIB provides read access to Quality of Service (QoS) configuration and statistics information for Cisco platforms that support the Modular Quality of Service Command-line Interface (Modular QoS CLI).Configuration information available through this MIB includes all ClassMap, PolicyMap, Match Statements, and Feature Actions configuration parameters.

CISCO-SWITCH-QOS-MIB

This MIB module extends the CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB by defining configuration and statistics information specific to the quality of service (QoS) features of Layer2/3 switch functionality implemented in Cisco devices. It is applicable to a device which is fully within a single QoS domain, although one or more boundaries with other QoS domains can be immediately adjacent to this device.

Statistics available through this MIB includes:

+ Per module Multi-Layer Switching QoS statistics.

+ Per interface QoS queueing statistics.

You can check this link to check what all MIBs are supported on a perticular IOS :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/MIBSupport.do?local=en&step=3

-Thanks

Vinod

**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Vinod,

Thank you for your response. I was already aware of the CISCO-PORT-QOS-MIB (supported by the 3560G) and CISCO-SWITCH-QOS-MIB (not supported by the 3560G) MIBs. After reviewing the CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB (supported by the 3560G), I see no specific OID that would retrieve the information I require as it mainly pertains to the MQC.

I found two OIDs that appear to represent the data I'm trying to collect. The first one is csqIfTrustState from the CISCO-SWITCH-QOS-MIB. Unfortunately this appears to be supported only on the 6500/7600 devices. The second one is caqIfOperTrustState from the CISCO-CATOS-ACL-QOS-MIB, which is a legacy MIB for the old CATOS software.

Please let me know if I overlooked a specific OID from the MIBs you pointed out or if there are any alternatives you can think of. Thanks!

-- John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: