Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus 4.0.4 Acquisition error

mdazadzaki
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have just integrated all LMS applications to ACS, there are 2 issues currently in hand:

1). Whenever i click on Acquisition tabs (Campus User Tracking), an "HTTP status 500" error is shown.

2). Topology services of our VTP domain shows all devices are in red status. eventho i can telnt and ping from the Device centre.

did i miss somting out? can anybody advice me on how to fix this? Many thanks

7 Replies 7

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you have two different issues here:

1) If you are getting 500 server errors then have a look at the output of pdshow to see if any processes related to the web server or CM are failing to run

2) If the devices are read, can you reach them via snmp? Ping and telnet may work, but unless CM can reach them via snmp they may appear as red (unreachable)

hi davistan,

1). I have look into the pdshow output, all seem to be normal. i did a restart on all the services from the services window, it still generates the http 500 error when i tried to access the aquisition tab.

2). yes, can reach the devices via snmp, all applications works well (CS, RME, DFM, IPM) except for CM.

i have also reinstalled the CM application yet still have the same result. should i just reinstall the apache webserver? please advice

I had the same situation (item 2)! The problem is not with the SNMP-access. I resolved the problem by changing the authentication module back to local and visa versa to ACS. But the problem repeated after some time...

Could somebody explain, WHAT the problem IS? May be it is necessary to do some aditional steps, except to user guide description...

Do you mean that the problem repeated while you left the login module as local or that it repeated when you changed it back to ACS again?

Yes. Not just after changing to ACS-login module. After some time (some hours). Very unclear problem...

As I understand for correct integration LMS and ACS, I should add the CW users to ACS (the user "admin" is not neccessary), add devices to ACS and change the login module to ACS. Something else?

In addition to adding a CW user to ACS you also need to make sure this user is part of an admin group and has rights to all of the LMS modules within ACS

Yes, I done it. And how can I define (restrict) the devices to which the user will have access?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: