Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Campus Layer 2 View and User Defined Group View are different

I can help but notice that there are differences in topology between devices in the L2V (Layer 2 View) and in the same devices in a UDF (User Defined Group).

As I feel this should be no more then a different view of the same data, any differences are really puzzling me.

What I notice are missing devices, this could mean a group is not yet updated, but more alarming I see connections in L2V that simply are not present in the UDF view.

Since the server was to be migrated to Win 2003 I ignored this, but I see the same thing on both ciscoworks servers.

Has anyone got an idea how to troubleshoot this?

When do the CMF groups synchronize with the campus groups? (setting = automatic)

How can a device feel different about its connections in a UDF then in L2V?

Thanks for any help.

Michel

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Campus Layer 2 View and User Defined Group View are differen

Here's an example.

Silver

Re: Campus Layer 2 View and User Defined Group View are differen

The latest service pack for Campus manager, SP 4.0.4 doesn't change this situation.

The connections show up as "Not in network" according to the legend. Whatever that may mean.

I know it goes away after another data collection but it adds to all the crap I have to explain to my customers.

Views
Helpful
Replies