Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Campus Manager 3.3 not discover IP phones

ANI server has discover the ip phones. However, in the Campus Manager User tracking, the IP phone does not show up when we do a query on the User tracking table.

Any advice.

6 REPLIES

Re: Campus Manager 3.3 not discover IP phones

Has ANI discovered the phones in both 'device discovery' & 'data collection'. Device discovery adds the device to DCR, data collection into Campus manager. They need to be in CM before user tracking will pick them up.

HTH

The ip phones are not in the ANI discovery devices.

In this sense, I need to enable the following:

1. CDP on IP phone (default enable)

2. SNMP read string configured on IP phones

3. SNMP read string configured on Call Managers

4. Define the list of IP address of the IP phones and Call Managers in the Discovery settings list

The problem we have now is because the snmp stuff are not configured on the IP phones and Call managers.

If this is done, the ANI discovery should be able to pick up IP phones. Pls correct me if above is incorrect.

1. Install CMF 2.2

2. Install RME 3.5

3. Install CM 3.4

With the latest IDU installed for RME 3.5 and CM3.4, the ip phones are not in the list of support devices. So, the phones would be display as unknown devices. Not sure if we need to upgrade LMS from 2.2 to 2.5.1

Silver

Keep in mind that IP phones are not seen as network devices but as endpoints like servers or PC's. This means they will not show up in the topology maps.

It's usertracking that picks them up.

It's required that:

1. the IPphone is seen by the switch it connects to via CDP

2. the callmanager has snmp enabled on it

3. ciscoworks knows the callmanager either because you added it or because it's discovered.

Cheers,

Michel

Yes, that is correct. If you enable a read community string ANI will discovery. I'm not 100% sure regarding your phones compatabilty with LMS 2.2. 2.5 should be fine (although I'd check before upgrading).

Cisco Employee

First, IP phones must be acquired as end hosts by User Tracking. This is done just like any other computer on the network (i.e. switches' CAM/MAC tables are polled via SNMP). The one difference is that all switch ports which connect to IP phones should have CDP ENABLED. If they are connected to 802.1q trunks on IOS switches, make sure you have also checked that checkbox in the User Acquisition settings. Once they are properly in the UT hosts table, then Campus will poll the ccmPhoneTable of all properly discovered CCMs (a CCM that appears green with the correct icon on the Topo map is properly discovered). If the phones show up in that table, they will be added to the UT phone table.

As of CM 3.3 IDU 11.0, the following Cisco IP phones are supported:

Note: IP phones should not show up on the map as they are not SNMP reachable devices according to Campus.

As with all User Tracking problems, if you cannot figure out why the phones are not showing up, enable vmpsadmin debugging, run a full UT acquisition, then open a TAC Service Request with the appropriate ANI debugging log.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content