Views
Helpful
Replies

campus manager 3.3 problem ?

sabrouch001
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I installed ciscowors CS 2.2, CM 3.3, RME 3.5 over a windows 2000 server sp4 machine with a processor pentium 4 3.2 G

and 512 M of RAM but after installation when i try to get into any sevices in campus (working whith Java like topology services) it takes a lot of time and it doesn't start please any help.

9 Replies 9

ToddWarren
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

An automatic install of the JAVA application and SUN Java certificate needs to run the first time you access services requiring the Java applet, such as Topology Services. This can take a little while depending on the layout of your netwrok (i.e. where is the Ciscoworks server in relation to your workstation running the web client?)

You may need to minimize some screens to see the install dialogue box, but it should appear if your workstation allows it.

1) First the JAVA install will appear when you start Topology Services. Run the install with its default settings.

2) Close the Toplogy Services window after the install and restart.

3) A SUN ceretificate install dialgue box will appear. Click on always.

4) the application should start. The version of Java should be 1_4_02.

I suggest starting Topology Services and go to lunch. The dialogue box should be waiting for you when you return.

Hope this helps.

i'm running java 1.5.1_06

I think this is the problem. CM in particular is very strict about Java version. You should use 1.4.1_02 as mentioned, or 1.4.2_08 (addresses Java security holes) after you patch LMS with cmf2.2.2-win-CSCsb291061.tar.

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need local install privilege on the client PC, because CM needs to offload some Java applets first. Otherwise you get nothing, followed by a red x at the uppper left corner in the browser window. Also turn on Java Console to see what's going on.

Is you ANI server responding? 512MB seems to be very little RAM for LMS.

yes ANI server is responding but when I execute a pdshow it display :

Running with a busy flag set

That's ok.

I installed JRE 1.4.1 and it works but when I get to topolotgy sevices campus install JRE 1.3.1 and then

internet explorer diplay an error message because the 2 versions are installed together please I want to know what version i should install so that ciscoworks desktop and campus services fonction properly togethers .

Safer bet would be to uninstall every version you have now, then only install the 1.4.1_02 CiscoWorks prompts you to.

This includes making sure there is only version 1_4_02 on the CW server too.

Good Luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: