Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Campus Manager 4.0.4 upgrade FATAL in logs

Gentlemen,

Since I have upgraded to version 4.0.4 of campus manager It seems to have a problem somewhere.

Could anyone give a hint to what causes this FATAL.

[ Mon Mar 27 9:32:37 CEST 2006 ]FATAL com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.asa.ASABaseImpl evaluateRule Exception occurred in the formQuery(OGSSecurityContext, task, filter, rule, attributeList) of ASABaseImpl

[ Mon Mar 27 9:32:37 CEST 2006 ]FATAL com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache evaluateGroupRule Error getting members from ASA: -- = is not a valid operator of variable DiscoveryStatus of object type Device

[ Mon Mar 27 9:32:37 CEST 2006 ]FATAL com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache update Error while updating cache: /Campus@be-oev-cws00/System Defined Groups/All Unreachable Devices: Application error: -- = is not a valid operator of variable DiscoveryStatus of object type Device

Normaly this file only contains lines like this:

log4j:WARN No such property [file] in org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender.

No clue what that means either.

Michel

8 REPLIES

Re: Campus Manager 4.0.4 upgrade FATAL in logs

The errors you have seem to accompany the ones i had in this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=m7btzlv441.SJ2A?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddab9c7

Try the resolution in the other thread and see how that goes.

HTH

Nick

Silver

I don't see any relation with that thread.

I don't seem to have any problems with the ANI server or any of the CM applications.

All normal logfiles for discovery and datacollection are still being written to.

I forgot to mention something. I see these errors in the CampusOGSServer.log

Silver

Just noticed that my Campus system defined group All unreachble devices is empty.

I guess this means a corruption somewhere

Michel

I found the same problems and also the messages:

Discovery ani ERROR DcrpSMFSTPBackboneFast: Unable to get span tree device instance

Since the 4.04 upgrade it seems that LMS is not able to discover the VLAN maps and L2 topology.

Any ideas?

Bas Kokken

I have exactly the same message. Did you manage to solve the problem?

Red

This looks like defect CSCsd89046. Here is its Release-note:

Symptom:

Expanding the All Unreachable Devices group in Campus Manager's System Defined Groups yields no

devices even though there may be unreachable devices in Campus Manager. Additionally, the

following will be seen in the CampusOGSServer.log:

com.cisco.nm.xms.ogs.server.GroupCache evaluateGroupRule Error getting members from ASA: -- = is not a valid operator of variable DiscoveryStatus of object type Device

Conditions:

This occurs after upgrading to Campus Manager 4.0.4.

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

Thanks for your reply. I have the additional symptom that I cannot access any Campus Manager apps with the exception of the Administration pages. I get the AniServer in a running with busy flag set state. Is this the same for you?

Thanks!

Hmmm

Its suddenly working again. I applied a few changes recommended for AniServer troubleshooting, which did not fix the problem immediately. Maybe the process needed a bit of time to think about what a bad boy it had been. Still see that logs with the FATAL message, but it does not seem to affect the operation of Campus.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies