cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager 5.3.1 UT question

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a switch that only has all End Hosts with Last Seen timestamps of Feb 20. Some of the end hosts are still on the network, while others are not. I have one Major Acquistion every 12 hours, and one Minor Acquistion every two hours. My purge interval for End Hosts is "30" days, even though I could've sworn I had set it to >180 days before, in order to get useful reports for swtich port uptime. So the question here is: Why isn't UT acquisition taking place on this switch (and I've there're others) as scheduled? I don't see any pattern in terms of End Host Last Seen timestamps on the switches that aren't being updated for UT correctly.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It could be that UT is not running properly anymore.  Check the ani.log and ut.log for errors.  In particular, look for NullPointerExceptions in the ani.log, and anything related to that switch's IP in the ut.log.  You may need to enable "user tracking" server debugging, but anything severe enough should be visible in the logs without extra debugging.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: