cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager...ANI server problem(LMS 2.5.1)

parvs_cmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing problems with Campus Mgr...Topology Services(TS).When I try to run TS it returns an error"Cannot Connect to ANI Server"(Please see attachment) & suggests to check the status of the ANI Server.When I analyze ANI server it shows that it is running.

I have also tried to stop ANI server process & restarted it but still the same problem is persisting.

Please Help.

Thanks

Parveen

9 Replies 9

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Parveen,

try to reinit the ANI-DB, maybe it is corrupted.

Since i do not know you OS Environment i give you a generic way to manage this.

Stop the daemon Manager

(net stop crmdmgtd on Windows and /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop on solaris)

after shutdown have a look for these processes. if they are up kill them manually.

sm_server

sm_authority

brstart

LMSROOT\campus\bin and issue the command:

perl reinitdb.pl -restore

Then re-start the CiscoWorks application:

net start crmdmgtd or /etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Wait 5-10 minutes (depends on your machine) and login to CiscoWorks and have new try!

Best regards,

Frank

Hi Frank

I have been having the same problem as Parveen, LMS 2.5on solaris., Campas Manager, Topology services

I have stopped daemon manager, reinitiated the ANI-DB and restarted the Daemon. But i still have the same problem when i run topology services , error message ''cannot connect to ANIserver'' check if its running. when i check ANIserver process, its running with busy flag set.

I have restarted the ANIServer process but still no luck. Anyone with a different work around for this ?

Thanks in Advance

Kezza

It's a very common problem with Campus manager that has existed since LMS 2.5 was released. Seems to occur more often when the number of devices LMS manages increases.

Following the steps above will almost always fix the fault but just remember ANI can take 20-30 minutes to start after completion. Be patient and you should be OK. If not follow the steps again and check in 30mins.

30 Minutes seems a long time but now you mention it, I have been called to come onsite because "it" didn't work anymore, just to find that whatever was the problem, was no longer going on and that the server had recently rebooted. (usually windows update)

Seems strange (something to add to ciscoworks), that there is no place where we can see that everything is up and running and ready for use.

Just that the ANI processes are running will not say that much. It seems it does some time consuming things after starting that need to be documented.

Cheers,

Michel

I hear you Michel. The only way to monitor a LMS servers health is to view the processes page, then actually open Campus Manager to ensure no error is received. I've actually made it a part of my morning schedule because our ANI process crashes so often.

Hi Michel, Bowbridge

With all that i went through after trying all the workarounds i could find on the internet, it all came down to the version of mozilla i was using to browse cisco works, couldnt believe it when i used internet explorer and it worked (i cld browse topology services)

I just hope this will save someone else time spent troubleshooting.

thanks to you all for your advance

Kezza

Thanks! When troubleshooting LMS we sometimes skip the basics :)

Mozilla isn't a supported browser for LMS whereas IE is.

Not applicable

Not applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: