cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Error

kmong
Level 1
Level 1

When launching topology services, I encountered this error ciscoworks topology services error.JPG

We were able to resolve this before by creating an entry for Ciscoworks(ip add and hostname) on the HOSTS file of the workstation.

But recently, I encountered the same error again on a newly installed LMS 3.2. Adding an entry for ciscoworks in the hosts file couldnt resolve the error.

Recommended java is already installed. ANIserver is ok.

What is the best solution for this?

6 Replies 6

yucelbasoglu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

- Which operating system do you use for LMS 3.2?

- is this a new installation or upgrade?

If this is a upgrade, Names of new and old computers the same?

OS is Windows 2008 Enterprise with sp1. LMS 3.2 is installed on VMWare Esxi4.0

This is a new installation.The screen shot that I attached was from another customer before,and it was resolved when I created an entry in the hosts file of the laptop we were using. But for this new customer, I encountered the same error seen on the screen shot even after doing the same solution.

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

So you are 100% sure that NMS-CISCO-GLOBAL is now resolvable from the PC from which you try to connect?

Try a telnet to NMS-CISCO-GLOBAL on port :42342 to check if there is something blocking the connection

Also try to avoid going via a proxy

Cheers,

Michel

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Please do not mind other details of the screen shot that I attached. I was just pointing out that I got the same error on a newly installed LMS 3.2 on a different customer. Any solutions in mind to resolve this kind of error?

Check on the server if something is listening on port 42342 using netstat -a | find "42342"

If this shows the port as listening then all should be fine on the server, ANI server is running as it should.

Try a telnet to the ciscoworks server on port :42342 to check if there is  something blocking the connection.

Cheers,

Michel

Ok I will try this tomorrow. Actually today, I was able to launch topology services on the server.. but on a client (laptop), It doesnt work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: