Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

campus manager - integration of servers

hello everybody

i've installed lms 2.5 with campus manager. i would like to integrate my servers simply to check their status (up/ down), nothing else.

my questions:

1. ist this possible

2. if YES, how do i have to define them

any hint is very welcome. thanks and have a nice day

roman

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: campus manager - integration of servers

You do it in two ways

1) Enable SNMP on the servers and make the Campus to discover them. They will be clasified as 'Application Servers'

2) Discover the Switches to which those servers are connected and Use Campus Manager's User Tracking application to list them as End-Hosts.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: campus manager - integration of servers

In addition to what was suggested above, if you choose to enable SNMP on your servers, do so with care. If it is not carefully activated SNMP can introduce security vulnerabilities on your servers and add undue exposure of the systems and the data they may access.

SNMP V3 is preferred, if supported by your OS. Whether you use V3 or not, consider using a combination of strong passwords and only enabling SNMP Read Only (RO). You may also want to consider ACLs on your upstream routers (default gateway(s)) that support your server VLANs to restrict SNMP ports to authorized network management hosts or subnets.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies