Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Ip Phones discovery

rherve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How can I discover Ip phones in Campus Manager 4.0.3?

It's an specials configuration to discover ip phones and managed it ?

Thanks

Herv?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager will automatically acquire Cisco IP phones provided the following conditions are met:

* The phones are first discovered as regular end hosts (i.e. they show up in the User Tracking main table).

* The Call Manager to which the phones are registered is properly data collected, and appears green on the Topology Map.

So if you're not seeing IP phones in the phone table, first search through the main table for the phones' MAC addresses. If they are there, then the CCM must not be properly known to Campus Manager. If the MAC addresses are not in the main table, then make sure the switches to which the phones are connected are properly data collected, and appear green on the Topology Map.

Note: IP phones connected via trunks to any switches other than XL and 2950 switches will not appear in User Tracking. This will be addressed in Campus Manager 5.0 due out next calendar year. Additionally, non-Cisco IP phones will not show up in the phone table in User Tracking.

Ok thanks ...

I have another question.

What parameter is necessary to managed CCM Server with Campus Manager ?

Must the server have an Read Only community ?

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Herv?

Yes, read-only SNMP community string is all that is required for Campus to manage a CCM.