Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Campus Manager producing SNMP authentication failure messages

Hi,

We are running LMS 2.6 across 3 Windows 2003 servers.

The server that is running Campus Manager seems to be querying our Cisco devices with the I presume the wrong community string as we are receiving SNMP authentication failure traps from these devices, and the offending device is our Campus Manager server.

The master DB is on another server and apart from Common Services, there are no other CisocWorks applications on this server.

I am 99% certain that the configs are correct on both the LMS servers and the devices as we can query the devices using SNMP from the servers.

The servers are multihomed, and I have checked that the production NIC is the one that is configured in the $NMSROOT\lib\vbroker\gatekeeper.cfg file

Also the IP address returned in the authentication failure trap is the production NIC.

ANy one else seen this sort of behaviour and managed to work it out?

Regards

Jeff

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Campus Manager producing SNMP authentication failure message

This can happen when User Tracking does its major acquisition sweep. Check your ANIServer.properties for the following two properties:

UTGetVlansWithUserPortsIOS=1

UTGetVlansOnDownPorts=0

That should prevent UT from querying unavailable VLANs. If the problem still occurs after verifying those two properties are set correctly, you will need to get a sniffer trace to figure out which objects are being queried, and which community string is being used.

Hi,

I have checked these parameters and the UTGetVlansOnDownPorts was =1. I have changed this to be 0.

Do I have to restart anything, or will it reread this file automatically when it does the next sweep?

Regards

Jeff

PS Many thanks for your responses. It is greatly appreciated.

Cisco Employee

Correct, UTGetVlansOnDownPorts should be 0. You do not need to restart anything.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content