Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Campus Manager Topology Map

The issue I'm dealing with is too many devices showing up on the topology map. I manage approx. 180 cisco devices, that includes 97 aironet access points. We will be installing 50 additional ap's in the near future. The CM toplogy map is already very crowded and the 50 ap's will make it make even more unmanageable. We have a WLSE appliance that can monitor the ap's. However, they will still show up on the cm topolgy map. How can I keep the ap's off of the topology map and still archive the configs? TIA for any advice/suggestions.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Campus Manager Topology Map

Your can create groups in the DCR in Campus and RME

A group could for instance include all device types expect the AP's. Any kind of grouping is possible.

You can already check the system defined groups under topology groups.

Check the help on user defined groups.

Cheers,

Michel

Cisco Employee

You can also create filters in Campus Manager so that the devices aren't discovered and added to the topology map.

Campus Manager - Admin - Device Discovery - Device Discovery Settings - IP Address Range

You could exlude specific networks or addresses or even use wildcards:

ex) 172.18.10.[1-127]

Silver

180 isn't bad, I've got 4,700...that makes a real cluttered map. I'd agree the others with breaking up your inventory into usable groups, I've done that with physical locations myself, you might want to think about using physical topologys or device functionality.

Pretty easy to set up, but hidden within Campus. Go to Administration->Data Collection--> Groups. and you'll be given choices on how to specify your devices for each group (which will show up under user defined groups in the campus tree), subnet, single IP, , etc.

All are very good responses...Thanks for the advice.

Views
Helpful
Replies