Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ten

Campus Manager/Topology Services/Layer 2 View/Display View

Does anybody know in what directory Ciscoworks places your layer 2 view "Display View" file when you save it?

Also, what type of file is it?

I have a need for a number of users to view the same saved layout and it would be much simpler to move a single file into each user's profile than to manually make each layout the same.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Red

Re: Campus Manager/Topology Services/Layer 2 View/Display View

CSCOpx/campus/etc/users/

The maps are xml files

I believe there is reference to the files in the database, thus simply copying them over may not work

Hall of Fame Super Silver

I used the hack of copying the xml files manually to successfully synchronize maps across users on an LMS 2.2 installation. I don't have a 2.5 install handy to verify up-level compatibility of the hack.

If anybody from the product team is listening - this has been a recurring feature shortcoming. It wouldn't seem to difficult to build into the GUI the ability to call up common stored maps. One could easily restrict write capabilities to the map owner (admin or whomever) to avoid muiltiple users stepping on each other with changes.

I have also copied them from one profile to another in LMS2.2. Works great just be careful to bring down ANIsrv first. Users must have the same permisson level as well. I am also very interested if this works in LMS2.5.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content