Number of major acquisitions 22

Number of host entries 3282

Number of duplicate MAC 1124

Number of duplicate IP 942

Number of CCM hosts 0

Number of IP phone entries 0

Last campus data collection completed at 14 Dec 2006, 12:04:12 CET

Campus data collection status Idle

after upgrade acquisition for user tracking is not running..

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mayur

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Same thing. Trace your host's MAC address through the log. You have less to worry about for a simple end host. Just make sure the switch to which it's connected is properly data collected, and that the host is not connected to that switch via a trunk port.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

galamayur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

problem is Number of IP phone entries 0

also can i un-install 4.0.7 back again to 4.0.6

Regards

Mayur

Backing down to CM 4.0.6 will most likely not help. If the failure coincided with the upgrade, perhaps one of the config files (e.g. ANIServer.properties) was corrupted. The best way to troubleshoot User Tracking problems is to enable vmpsadmin debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then run a new UT acquisition, and look at the ut.log for errors.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

i have enable the debugging but when i try to run a new UT acquisition.. it says acquisition already running try later..

Acquisition Information

Acquisition status Running

Last acquisition type Major

Acquisition start time 29 Nov 2006, 14:01:07 CET

Acquisition end time 29 Nov 2006, 14:57:09 CET

Number of major acquisitions 22

Number of host entries 3282

Number of duplicate MAC 1124

Number of duplicate IP 942

Number of CCM hosts 0

Number of IP phone entries 0

Last campus data collection completed at 15 Dec 2006, 04:04:21 CET

Campus data collection status Idle

Regards

Mayur

Then restart dmgtd, and then do your debugging.

Hi

Thanks for the reply after re- starting the service you mentioned I was able to start the new acquisition for UT also I have enabled the debugging now the ut.log file is almost more then 20mb so what exact parameter I should look for.

Thanks in advance.

For troubleshooting problems with phones, pick one missing phone, and trace its MAC address through the log file. Look for ERROR lines that pertain to that MAC.

Typically, problems with phones not showing up deal with their associated CCMs not being properly data collected by ANIServer (i.e. they do not show up as green on the Topology Map).

However, before a phone can show up as a phone, it must first show up as a regular end host. So make sure the switch it is connected to is properly data collected by Campus Manager, and shows up green on the map.

Thanks for the reply..

Basically i just want my host to be added & not Ip phones so for host what should i loof for..

Thanks in advance..

Same thing. Trace your host's MAC address through the log. You have less to worry about for a simple end host. Just make sure the switch to which it's connected is properly data collected, and that the host is not connected to that switch via a trunk port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: