Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks,

Just installed CM a few days ago, manuevering around in it and I've found that when you try to run anything that requires this java applet, it is dog slow...Is there any work around for this...It seems to be inordinately slow when trying to display the "visualization\topology services" pages...

thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager? What version of Java are you using on the client? What exactly is slow (e.g. loading the applet, clicking on menus, etc.)?

Sorry for delayed response...

CM 5.1.0

JAVA 6 update 5

Pretty much all of it runs exceptionally slow. Even initially launching the Topology Services view...

thanks.

This sounds like a client issue. There could be a network issue between your client and the server, or your client may be over-taxed. Anti-virus software could also be slowing things down. You could try disabling it temporarily. You should also try this on different clients to see if the problem shows up there as well.

understood...thanks for the response...this is actually happening on the server that CM is running on...It must be my Java Client...One of my co-workers is using a browser to get to CM, but doesnt seem to have the same issue...i just wanted to rule out something specific to JAVA (other than the usual slowness of JAVA) that I wasnt familiar with....

Running the client on the same machine is the server is not a good idea. While it is useful for testing, it taxes the server twice. Windows servers are also typically optimized for backend processes rather than user experience. If the performance problem is not occurring on remote clients, then there is probably nothing wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco