cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CiscoWorks graphically represent traffic flows?

emphillips00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if any of the packages in CiscoWorks can graphically represent NetFlow data in a very "pretty" way that can produce manager-friendly reports.

I have been playing with the demo of ManageEngine NetFlow Analyzer, and it can do that, but I would much rather a Cisco product.

What package inside CiscoWorks can break a NetFlow stream down into "this IP is connecting to this IP on port X and is using X KB/sec?"

If I can at least find out what package does that I will go read the Datasheet on it.

Thanks!

Eric

7 Replies 7

b.henshaw
Level 1
Level 1

CiscoWorks does not offer this functionality. The Cisco Netflow Collection Engine might do what you want but don't discount that the ManageEngine product or any of the other Netflow analysers out there (commercial and free) might be better suited to your needs and budget.

[please rate useful posts]

ntop can do this with a free netflow plugin.

Enjoy

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco itself makes the Netflow Collection Engine:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps1964/index.html

Though you might want to check out some of the NetFlow partners:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6601/products_ios_protocol_group_home.html

b.bipinlal
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

any body can uide me how to configure NETFLOW on cisco 2950 switch ?? cany graphical tol is there for it??

The 2950 does not support netflow. Only routers and larger switches with netflow feature cards or other hardware support can produce netflow exports.

martyyates
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eric,

we use ManageEngine NFA which is pretty good. Easily scalable db - buy larger drives! Stable / nice gui / good tech support. The main bug it has is misrepresentation of utilisation. Even with accurate bandwidth statements etc, it for some reason can still report traffic >100% utilisation on a link.

Another option for you if you run 6500's: buy a NAM module. I'm sure your local Cisco rep would love you for it....

- Marty.

We use PRTG from Paessler to monitor NetFlow traffic and interface utilization. Prduct has been constantly improving and I love it.

You can check it out at www.paessler.com.

Cheers.