Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

can CNA (Cisco Network Assistant) log?

if it can, how?

I can view Graphics of transmitted/Receieved packets on interfaces. (Features/Reports/LinkGraphs)

can I log this in some way? There is a 'Log scaling' option on the same screen. I can mark that option but I couldnt find where does CNA put that log if it does.

May be it doesnt log graphics bu it logs as simple text?

I'll appreciate if someone tell me if I can log the outputs of the CNA.

Thanks in advance.

• Network Management
2 REPLIES

Re: can CNA (Cisco Network Assistant) log?

It seems cisco network assistant is not a popular software (despite the fact its free) Nobody (including me) knows it's simple capabilities. Or may be professionals know it but my question was not understandable. let me express myself oncemore;

Cisco Network Assistant is a fine program, I can monitor all transmittedt/receieved packets through any port I want. Looking at the traffic is not good enough, even useless if I can not save it somewhere.

I want to save (logging) these activities for future analysis.

Can I do it?

Thank you very much in advance for helping.

Re: can CNA (Cisco Network Assistant) log?

I do not believe that CNA logs performance data. The "Log scaling" option refers to logarithmic scaling of the y axis (as opposed to linear scaling, which is the default), nothing to do with storing data.

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.