cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I manage my Catalyst 3650 with Network Assistant software?

epasqualotto
Level 1
Level 1
I'm trying to manage my switch but Network Assistant 5.0 and 6.0 tell me that is unsopported.
If I check the datasheet of the switch seems to be supported as the F.A.Q. that I attach below.

Q.    How do you manage the Cisco Catalyst 3650?
A.     The Cisco Catalyst 3650 can be managed using the Cisco IOS Software CLI, web GUI, Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.1, or the Cisco Network Assistant Software.

Any suggestion?
12 Replies 12

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, It is not yet supported. The document has this incorrectly documented. There is a documentation bug for this :

CSCun72145 DOC: C3650 CNA does not support C3650 currently

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Is there a time table when CNA will support the C3650? I bought C3650's expecting to use CNA to manage them.

--Patrick

It is expected to be supported with CNA 6.1 which is tentatively planned for September end.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

2 years later, version 6.3 and I just got the unsupported message !

Any update on this ?

John

You can close this conversation, if this thread is resolved.

-Thanks

Vinod

Same problem over here.
Announced release date two months ago for CNA 6.1 was of End of September but nothing yet anounced.

CNA support was mentionned when I bought our C3650-switches; a few months later Cisco announced a "documentation bug".

How is it possible that this  has not been tested before selling it to customers ? Where was the Cisco quality control ?

Is the problem related to swtiches running IOS XE instead of IOS ?

What is the status today ? Release date for CNA 6.1 with C3650 support ?

Do you have a new release date for 6.1?  We are adding several more 3650s to our network and will need to be able to add them to the CNA community.

jaharmon1024
Level 1
Level 1

Similar issue here, I found on the newer hardware specifically the 3650 the CNA application does not allow you to add the switches into the network community.  I prefer telenet for programming however the CNA gives us a snapshot of the networks at our facilities.  With the 3650's being used as cores you loose the visibility into which ports interconnect the switches without additional digging.  When a device is part of the community you can quickly view connectivity, througput, and VLAN information as well as what port its connected to on adjecent switches.  With these switches being high end units I would expect to have this managed functionality so we can provide better support and monitoring for the sites.

I would like to have an official date from Cisco on when the 3650's will become supported. These switches are powerful and meet our needs however I really rely on being able to look at each of my communities for the various facilities as we upgrade to the 3650's were loosing some of this visibility which is not good when we need 24X7X365 for all the locations. 

6.1 is now available on the website for download.  I was able to grab this just a min ago and the 3650 switches are now accessible.

Just as per the plan. Thanks for sharing the details. I hope it helps other users want to manage 3650's.

-Thanks

Vinod

With the new CNA 6.1 I suddenly got the same "unsupported" error with my 3508G-XL units. They did work with CNA 5.6. :-(

almost 6 years later, still unsoported device.

Ver 5.8(9.1)

regards