Views
Helpful
Replies

can LMS 2.6 has ability to tell the modules go down instead of port

thetnaing00
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

can lms 2.6 tell the user which module is going down instead of telling operationally down for all the ports on that module.we are using cat6*** switch and the module goes down last week but we only receive port operationally down from that module. is it possible to get the message such as the modules itself is going down via DFM or syslog?THANKS.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't run 12.3 on a Cat 6500. But you should get the card operationally down and the ports. They should roll up under one alert.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code is the switch running?

sorry..

how can i look for the code?any command for that?all i know is all modules are for fiber port.i think 48 ports fiber modules.

A show ver on the switch will have the necessary information.

sorry...i couldn't able to access the switch.but you mean that it can be possible if there is some version?someone told me that switch is saving syslog message when the module go down.any idea of the level of severity of this kind of syslog?actually all the switches are running on latest sup engine as far as i know but i need to check the specific version.thanks for your reply.

Most versions of the software on Cat6Ks should alert you that a card is down. You should get an OperationallyDown exception. Some newer CatIOS may have problems with MIB support.

hi Joe,

thanks for your help.in this case,operationally down message from the card itself or ports on that card?i have operationally down messages for the ports which are on that single card.

if it is send you operationally down for that card,i shall not receive port down from that card.am i right?or i will still receive the ports down along with card down message?in fact, we are using 12.3 ios version.much appreciate your help

You can't run 12.3 on a Cat 6500. But you should get the card operationally down and the ports. They should roll up under one alert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: