Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can LMS 3.2 manage cisco SM-ES3-24-P which is a switch/router module inserted into a 3945 Router?

LMS 3.2 on Solaris 10

LMS properly manages our 3950 routers, but we recently installed a cisco SM-ES3-24-P (PowerPC405) processor. This is managed via it's own IP address. I recently added this to our LMS system and ran an update inventory job. The job succeeded, see attachement, however the device is still listed as Unknown. I recently updated all RME device packages, about two weeks ago. I'm assuming there isn't a device package for this type of module yet?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can LMS 3.2 manage cisco SM-ES3-24-P which is a switch/route

Hi,

These kinds of Modules are supported in LMS 3.2 as per the below link . Check this link and look for -->

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

It also mentioned what should be the minimum IOS version and this module is supported for what functionality in CiscoWorks.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

8 REPLIES

Hi,

Kindly first check if this device type is really supported in LMS 3.2 by querring the SysObjectID for this device from Device Centre and then check the output on the device supported list of LMS 3.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

Same is applicable for your second thread too.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

How can I find the sysObjectID using the device center? I also tried to figure it out via the command line, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Hi ,

Kindly go to Device Centre from CiscoWorks Functional view > select the problematic device > click on snmpwalk > on OID box paste the OID --> 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 , check the box for output numerically and then it will show you the sysobject ID of your device.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

The OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1053 - Thanks.

Hi,

These kinds of Modules are supported in LMS 3.2 as per the below link . Check this link and look for -->

It also mentioned what should be the minimum IOS version and this module is supported for what functionality in CiscoWorks.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

According to the link you provided, this device should be managed via RME. I've checked the device credentials and they are okay. We are running IOS higher than the minimum also.

I just opened a TAC SR on this to get further assistance.

Thanks for your help,

Per TAC, I applied the attached device packages to Common Services and the device is now recognized.

I'm not sure which package did the trick though.

Hi,

Try to check psu.log for more details. This log is located under CSCOpx\log.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Views
Helpful
Replies