cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access WS-SVC-NAM-2 module through http or ssh...

Peter Kim
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to manage NAM module through GUI or SSH.  Both https and ssh sessions are timing out.  I can ping the module.  I checked the config against the other NAM module that we have.  They are identical.  But, it won't work.  I already tried to reset the module.

root@# sho ip
IP address:               X.X.X.X

Subnet mask:            255.255.255.248
IP Broadcast:           X.X.X.X

DNS Name:               XXXXX
Default Gateway:        X.X.X.X

Nameserver(s):          X.X.X.X

HTTP server:            Disabled
HTTP secure server:     Enabled
HTTP port:              80
HTTP secure port:       443
TACACS+ configured:     Yes
TACACS+ primary server: X.X.X.X

TACACS+ backup server : X.X.X.X

Telnet:                 Disabled
SSH:                    Enabled

Any suggestions?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like CSCee10005.  To confirm, try changing the NAM's default gateway to be an IP address not on the switch in which the NAM is installed.  If that works, you can configure "fabric switching-mode force bus-mode" on the switch to change the switching mode to bus mode for all affected service modules.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like CSCee10005.  To confirm, try changing the NAM's default gateway to be an IP address not on the switch in which the NAM is installed.  If that works, you can configure "fabric switching-mode force bus-mode" on the switch to change the switching mode to bus mode for all affected service modules.

Thanks Joseph.  It worked when I point the default gateway to other switch that's in same subnet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: