Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't enter rommon mode

superduperlopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was trying to do some work at home and it seems that I have messed up my home router...

I loaded a configuration from a 2621XM into my home 2621 and now, when I try to establish a hyperterminal session all that I get are strange symbols like (R+#˜)!#()!#H)!!!!#H)!#()!!!!!!!!!!!#H)!!!!!!!!!!!Þ)!„!Ë

I don't get a command prompt at all and when I type something all what I get is the above symbols.......

Because of this, I tried to enter the router via Rommon.......switch off, switch on and Control+Break........but exactly the same happens........nothing happens in the terminal session and when I type only strange symbols appear on the screen......

Any help please, this is my home router, pride and joy.......

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

I think you may have changed the baud rate setting for the console port on the router itself.

Can you try and change the baud rate setting on your terminal emulation client to something other than the default 9600 and try again ? I would start at 19200 and then work my way up...

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

I think you may have changed the baud rate setting for the console port on the router itself.

Can you try and change the baud rate setting on your terminal emulation client to something other than the default 9600 and try again ? I would start at 19200 and then work my way up...

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

Yes u r right.........somehow it didn't load the configuration at all BUT it changed the baud rate to 57600..........strange.......anyway, I'm back on the router........so thank you for your help

amansin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It seems you have a speed setting configured.

Please try a different baud rate on the hyperterminal session and you should be able to see the characters on the screen.

Let me know if this helps :)

Aman.

amansin
Level 1
Level 1

hey,

I guess someone already posted that answer for you, My apologies, didnt check that.

Glad to knopw that its working fine now.

Aman.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: