Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't locate 1.2.x.DFM.rps file

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am going to do a remote migration from LMS 2.2 to LMS 3.0 soon. One of the portion is to do DFM3.0 upgrade. However, I can't locate 1.2.x.DFM.rps at NMSROOT\objects\smarts\repos\icf and most probably the DFM3.0 upgrade will fail. Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Yi Shyuan

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You must following the migration procedures listed at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.0/data_migration/guide/dmg_win.html#wp1129297 . Have you done all of the backup steps on the 2.2 server, and installed LMS 3.0 on the new serer? Once you do, you can copy the DFM mibration kit from the 3.0 server to the 2.2 server. The rps file you are looking for is simply called DFM.rps (not 1.2.x.DFM.rps). The file will be in NMSROOT/objects/smarts/repos/icf.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I have yet to run the migration steps. I have misunderstood that DFM.rps file supposed to be in NMSROOT/objects/smarts/repos/icf before i run the migration steps. Thanks for clearing the doubt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: