cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't select user-defined groups for baseline compliance tests in LMS 2.6

OLOF SAMUELSSON
Level 1
Level 1

Since we upgraded to LMS 2.6 I can't select or browse any user-defined groups when I start a compliance check job. All the built-in groups are there, but neither the groups defined in CS nor RME are visible att all. Same thing on both servers that are running LMS 2.6 on Windows integrated to ACS (no errors in ACS logs).

What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone else have the user-defined groups visible or do we have a bug?

TIA,

Olof

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am able to select User-defined groups for baseline compliance jobs in LMS 2.6. Of course, I will only see devices in those groups that are applicable to the template in question.

The device selector looks like:

+ All Applicable Devices

- All Applicable Device Groups

+ Routers

- User Defined Groups

- /CS@server

- /RME@server

- My Device Group

Make sure your user-defined groups contain applicable devices.

Thanks! Too bad it didn't help, my user defined groups section is empty in the device selector. The template is applicable to all device types (temporarily) and I can see all kinds of devices in the groups in other parts of RME. There are user-defined groups defined in both CS and RME.

Actually, I never see the @ prefix anywhere. Any log file I can check?

I've fiddled around with the device selector preferences and everything is checked right now (tried most permutations).

Could this be a scaling problem? I have more than 1000 devices in these servers.

Any ideas on what else I can look for?

TIA,

Olof

There is a performance bug related to the device selector (especially with baseline compliance). Patches are available at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme . You could try that, and see if it helps.

As for logs, the deviceselector.log might be a good place to look for errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: