cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can we get IP phones serial number with LMS ?

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

I have to get all the serial numbers of my IP phones linked to IP phone type and IP phone location.

Does a report (end host or other)exist to answer this need ?

If another solution exists, I take too.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS does not provide serial number information from IP phones since they are not SNMP-manageable. I also checked the CISCO-CCM-MIB, and I could not find any objects that the Call Managers expose to get phone serial numbers. There may be a way to get this information via XML from the CCM, but I am not sure.

I guess that depends on how you set it up.

Bare with me as I didn't set ours up however;

I can obtain IP Phone serial numbers in user tracking by looking in the "Phone Desc" column. SEPxxxxxxxxx

If not mistaken, U can only capture MAC address from CCM, such as SEPXXXXXXXX, but not serial number.

I wonder what is the best way to gather the serial number for 1300 units of IP Phone, any idea?

I am new to Call Manager.

But I have found you can http to IP Phones and see the S/N.

Not sure what the best way to get all S/N's would be, but maybe some others will have ideas.

Good Luck

n-khouri
Level 1
Level 1

There is no way from LMS and not even from Unified Operation Manager - UCOM .. I searched many locations try to find the DB schema for the CCM as it must be thee somewhere but no luck yet , i ended up doing it manually for 1K phones .. I regret I didnt handheld scan it .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: