Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cann't open/start Device Discovery

Hi,

yesterday I installed CiscoWorks LMS3.1 and everything seemed fine. I started Device Discovery and few times I refreshed it and could see that some devices had been discovered and last time when I had refreshed I got the exception:

The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfillinf this request.

The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17.logs

I thought that next time when I log in and start Device Discovery everything will go fine cause in this exception I get some Read timed out. but, unfortunately I was wrong. This morning I tried to open Device Discovery page and I got the same exception.

Do you have any idea what could happened and what should I do to start device discovery?

Thx,

Jelena

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cann't open/start Device Discovery

Please post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

here it is. I also post stderr.log

Cisco Employee

Run the command:

pdterm CSDiscovery

Then see if you can view Discovery Status.

hi,

just to let you know that this is known bug

- CSCsq63152 HTTP Status 500 error thrown while launching Discovery screen

And it's said that after a while, the screen will be launch able with no issue.

In my case, I tried to refresh page for like 10 to 15 times and it didn't help, but restart of server did :)

Br,

Jelena

Cisco Employee

The problem is actually due to a hung CSDiscovery process. When this happens, it no longer services RPC requests. The quick workaround is to shut it down. This will cause the web frontend to look at a static file to get Discovery status.

Views
Helpful
Replies