Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add ASA5520 TO LMS 3.1

ericohermoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am adding ASA5520 ver 7.x to LMS3.1, It is discovered but unreachable. I configred SNMP to access the firewall and use cdp also to reach the device.

I can ping the interface of the firewall but cannot discover.

Please help me to solve this issue.

thank you

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the device is unreacable via Discovery that means the LMS server is not able to communicate with it via SNMP.  Have you verified that you can manually query this device using SNMP from the LMS server (i.e. using the SNMP Walk utility in Device Center)?

Hello,

Honestly, I am new to LMS software. I have'nt use the snmp walk utility. Can you please give me the procedures on how to use snmp walk utility? I added most of the router and switches and remains only this firewall.

thank you and best regards

Go to Device Center and enter the IP of your ASA.  Under the Tools section, you'll see an SNMP Walk tool.  Launch it, and enter the ASA's community string.  Use a starting OID of "system".  You should get back a successful response of the system branch.  If you get a timeout, then the LMS server is not able to poll the ASA (e.g. it is blocking SNMP access from the LMS server's IP).

Hello,

I will check it again tomorrow morning.

This is my firewall configuration regarding the snmp.(note only one line)

snmp-server community abcd

I suspect i need to add another configuration? Please advise.

thank you

You also need a line like:

snmp-server host INTF x.x.x.x poll community abcd

Where INTF is the interface on which the LMS server is located and x.x.x.x is the IP address of the LMS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: