Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot change VLAN on ports - CiscoView

Using the Chasis view on CiscoView, I cannot seem to change VLAN on ports on a Cat 4510R. Is there any reason why? And how can i go about doing this?

I can do it on a Cat 6509.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Cannot change VLAN on ports - CiscoView

Changing the port VLAN ID is not supported in the Cat4000IOS package. As a workaround, you can right-click on the 4500 chassis, select Configure > VLAN & Bridge, and assign ports to VLANs there.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Changing the port VLAN ID is not supported in the Cat4000IOS package. As a workaround, you can right-click on the 4500 chassis, select Configure > VLAN & Bridge, and assign ports to VLANs there.

Thank you so very much. It worked!. Thanks

Bronze

Hi

I have the same problem trying to change the VLAN on a port using CiscoView on a WS-C6509-E switch. The IOS is (s72033_rp-ENTSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF

I can change the port description, but get a small "Error on Page" message at the bottom left when trying to change the VLAN.

could it be a problem with the device package?

Cisco Employee

This error indicates a problem with JavaScript. You're clearly using IE. What version? If you download Mozilla 1.7.13 from http://www.mozilla.org, can you modify the VLAN using it?

Bronze

Thanks Joe, I will try this and let you know.

Views
Helpful
Replies