Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot log in to LMS 32. portal--new install

cmnedbade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to get an eval version of LMS 3.2 working (in anticipation of a full version that is on its way).

The installation went fine and I can call up the logon page at:

http://servername:1741

Upon logging in as Admin, however, the server sends an SSL redirect that fails. The redirect is:

https://servername/CSCOnm/servlet/com.cisco.core.mice.main?command=initializeAndValidate&url=%2Fcwportal%2Fc%2Fportal%2Flogin&context=/cwhp&port=443

In IE, the redirect simply fails with the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" whereas in Firefox, the error message states:

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? The eval host has two partitions, one for the OS and one that the LMS Suite is loaded on.

Any assistance you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ned Bade

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a problem with cookies on the SERVER (not client). What we have seen in the past is that an administrator runs something like the IE Admin Kit which disables cookies for all users. In particular, the built-in SYSTEM user must be allowed to accept all cookies. Verifying this is hard, so it would be better to check with administrators or security people to see if any policies were enforced that could disable cookies.

Thanks, I will check that. I did build the OS from a VM template.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the Server OS is Windows Server 2008 x86 Standard Edition.

--Ned

Hi Mr. Clarke,

Thanks for your suggestion, but it does not look like my colleague who built the VM template did anything to prevent cookie handling by the built-in SYSTEM account.

Do you or anyone else have any other ideas on where I can look?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I do not. Unfortunately, we don't yet have any Windows 2008 instances on which to test. What version of IE do you have installed?

On both the server and the client, IE8:

Server - IE 8.0.6001.18783

Client - IE 8.0.6001.18702

Client - Firefox 3.0.11

IIS is not installed on the server.

It does look like some builds have been performed at Cisco on 2008 standard and enterprise, as it is supported. But I haven't been able to find any notes on Cisco's web site about it.

--Ned

IE 8 on the server may be the problem. We have another customer with IE 8 on the server seeing the same thing. We do not support IE 8. See if you can uninstall IE 8, and stick with IE 7 on the server. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700 for more details. Alternatively, try building a default Windows 2008 VM with IE 7, and see if LMS works there.

Going by the train of thought that it's a cookie issue, try checking the Internet Options -> Privacy setting in MSIE, either lower the current setting or exempt the LMS server using the Sites or Advanced buttons.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: