Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot pull images from 3750 switches using tftp or rcp

johnson-richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We can't use ciscoworks to pull the software images using either tftp or rcp - I've got the correct enable passwords and read/write snmp settings on the switches and have also added the rcp lines to the switches and created the cwuser but ciscoworks still fails to pull the images - Does anyone know why ciscowork is not working?

The supported protocols for image transfer are: TFTP,RCP

failure report:

Connecting to the device using TELNET...

Connected successfully.

Importing the image c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin from the device flash into the Software Repository.

Image will be copied to rep_sw_8872231457940010018 using TFTP.

Copying c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin from flash to tftp://132.223.128.6/rep_sw_8872231457940010018

Failed to import the image c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin from device.

See d:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme\jobs\swim\1072\mez-sw1_telnet.log for the output from the device on which the image transfer failed.

Failed to create an empty temp file in RCP specific directory.

Cause: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cmd /c d:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/bin/crmrsh.exe addrhost 132.223.128.244 cwuser error=5.

Image Import Operation Failed

Device is unlocked.

Device Import Result : Failed

End Time:Tue Mar 28 11:40:42 BST 2006

SWIM0036: Could not add this image to software repository.

Mant Thanks

Wayne

5 Replies 5

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's why "Failed to create an empty temp file in RCP specific directory." It's on the CiscoWorks server end.

I'm having the same problem; please post if you find the answer!

rcp is the second in the protocol tftp fails first with

"Failed to import the image c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin from device"

and I'm able to pull software images from another 2950 switch using tftp, so regarding tftp there's no problem on the ciscoworks end. The thing is why does not work for this other switch? I have the correct enable username and password and read and write community strings.

Has anyone else actually got Ciscoworks 2.5 to successfully pull software images??

I can pull images from all of my devices using tftp. The exception is our 6500s where tftp fails -- I suspect because the image size is too big.

So when I try to add image to software repository using RCP, I get the message "Failed to create an empty temp file in RCP specific directory.

Cause: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cmd /c C:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/bin/crmrsh.exe"

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with catalyst6500.

Does anyone found a solution?

The image size is larger than 32 MB so how can I upload the image to catalyst?

thanks in advance