Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot retrieve Startup Config

promina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I examine the out-of-sync summary under RME there are several hundred devices that have 'Startup config not available' in the Startup column.

There is no tick box next to the device name for me to select and hence I cannot select the 'Sync on Device' button.

How do I activate a job to get the startup-config for these devices?

Cheers,

Grant

Startup and Running Out-Of-Sync Summary

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to pass this set of devices to a sync job, but an archive can be done.

To archive the startup config for devices, go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive. Select either the set of devices from the out-of-sync report, or just choose all devices, and check the "Fetch startup config" box. Then schedule your job.

Alternatively, if the startup config is not archived, these devices should also show up under the Failed or Partially Successful group on the main Archive Mgmt summary page. If so, you can check the box next to that group, then click the Sync Archive button.

If you encounter problems archiving the startup configs from these devices, you can enable Archive Mgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, and look at the dcmaservice.log for relevant errors.