Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cat5500/Ciscoworks sync archive failure

I have little experience with a CAT5500 switch. I have one in Ciscoworks that fails when I try to retrieve inventory or sync archive. I get the following message:

CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for Catalyst5500 Cause: Failed to get the start tag-begin in the configuration PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Unable to create a socket to /192.168.168.250 Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I assume there is something I need to set up on the switch. Telnet, snmp Read and Write are all successful from Ciscoworks. I also increased the timeout value. Please advise if you have experience with this type of switch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Cat5500/Ciscoworks sync archive failure

Let me know what is the IOS version you're using in your cat5500 swirch.I need to verify whether its the updated version or not .Send me that detail along with a complete error o/p.I also want u to provide me with the debug o/p.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Let me know what is the IOS version you're using in your cat5500 swirch.I need to verify whether its the updated version or not .Send me that detail along with a complete error o/p.I also want u to provide me with the debug o/p.

Thank you. I upgraded the IOS version which resolved my issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies