cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDP enabled on access ports (On a trunking port)

david.hudson
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 3.1 installed on a Windows box and get the following best practice deviation listed in CM:

CDP enabled on access ports

The problem is, these ports are configured as trunks.  They are not set to switchport mode access.  Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager do you have?  It could be that Data Collection is not properly completing, and thus not detecting that these are trunk ports.

CM version is 5.1.0.

Looking at the configs in RME, I can see that the entire config is pulled correctly.

RME has nothing to do with the Campus topology.  I think you're seeing a known bug.  Upgrade to Campus Manager 5.1.4 from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.  Then run a new Data Collection, and this BPD should disappear.

Hi Joseph,

We are running Campus Manager 5.2.1 and we're seeing exactly the same issue.  Is there anything I could try doing before opening a TAC case..?  Also you mentioned that this was a reported bug in version 5.1, but I could not find any bug listing in the Bug Toolkit; would you know the bug ID..?

Cheers,

SRGi

Please start a new thread for your issue, and post the ani.log when you do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: